CM Sporthorses Forum www.cmsporthorses.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurry Up Rossida!!! - SHE POPPED!!!!

+2
Ritchie
Shell
6 posters

Go down

Hurry Up Rossida!!! - SHE POPPED!!!! Empty Hurry Up Rossida!!! - SHE POPPED!!!!

Post  Shell Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:20 am

I wish this mare would pop her baby out....... lol..... Yeh ok, so shes only a few days overdue, BUT I am impatient.........

YES i know it will come when its ready........ but....... I want a baby NOW!!!! lol.......

Anyone care to lay hypothetical bets on what she will have????

Stallion is Billara Beersheba - Bay with bay all through his lines but one of his grandsires did have a chestnut gene....... dont know yet if his dam has it or not, therefore we dont know if he has it or not......

Rossida is a Grey TB mare with grey back through her sires line, and bay, and then on her dams line mostly bay with a chestnut thrown in there too.........

So good odds are that it is going to be born Bay...........

BUT will it go grey?????????

And what white will it have??? Her last foal has 4 white stockings and a blaze, and was born bay, going grey now as a nearly 2 yr old......... foal before that I didnt see, but went grey too......

But shes only hetrozygus for Grey, so its a 50/50 chance........

Personally I reckon a nice grey CBSH would be lovely........

Im hoping for a healthy foal........ and dont care either way if its grey, bay, colt or filly........

But if I was a betting person, I would go:

Grey Colt, born bay, 4 white socks and a star.........

Ok, off to rescue someone from Denny - I hear lots of squealing going on where it shouldnt be..... Im assuming the little rodent (mini gelding who thinks hes a stallion) has squirmed out from under the fence - I swear he is part sleepy lizard!!!!.........

Last edited by Shell on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shell
Shell

http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

Hurry Up Rossida!!! - SHE POPPED!!!! Empty Re: Hurry Up Rossida!!! - SHE POPPED!!!!

Post  Ritchie Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:53 am

a grey CBSH?

now that would be rather nice Wink

C'mon girl, have it soon (at a good hour too)

Ritchie

Back to top Go down

Hurry Up Rossida!!! - SHE POPPED!!!! Empty Re: Hurry Up Rossida!!! - SHE POPPED!!!!

Post  Shell Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Tap Tap Tap ...... fingers drumming on coffee table.......... Just spit it out girl....... lol

Patience is not my strong point is it????

Sigh...................oh well, at least my sooky girl is back...... she went all 'evil' for a week there, just sick of herself, but I think shes figured out it doesnt do any good.... so shes back to being a sweetheart.......

She learnt how to open a wheelie bin today and hold it up with her forehead and grab a mouthful of grain, let the lid flop down, eat that mouthful, then repeat the process......

Luckily I was in the feed/tack shed getting Tobis lunch time grain and she only got three mouthfulls....... so that rather heavy bin got dragged into the tack/feed shed and way out of reach and an empty bin shoved in the doorway..... (the door broke off a while ago and that shed is being replaced soon anyhow......... so we havent put it back on)........

Anyhow, here is the uncomfortable girl today in the back yard - they come out of a daytime to graze on the grass/crop in the back yard........

Hurry Up Rossida!!! - SHE POPPED!!!! 5_9_0810
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:24 am

Sigh...................... still waiting............. I think she thought it was a bit wet and muddy last night to have her foal! lol......... Either that or she just wants to see how many nights she can have us sitting up and then when we finally go 'bugger it' and go back to bed for ONE night she will pop! lol..........

You dont get us out of the lounge room THAT easy girly!!! lol
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttons Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:48 am

*pokes head in*

nuffink yet? Question
Buttons
Buttons

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:30 pm

Nope nothing............ arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

Am beginning to wonder if she actually caught on her first service date or whether she snuck another rudie bit in with Bill on her next season and is in fact not really due for another week..............

Either that or she IS a fortnight over now......... lol........

Glad she didnt decide to drop it last night cos we werent here - couldnt get out of not being here without having a 2 hour drive each way on top of a full day - woulda been knackered............ arghhhhhhhhh.........
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttons Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:55 pm

Wondering whereya bin Shel.

*pokes Rossi*
Buttons
Buttons

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:39 pm

SHE POPPED SHE POPPED!!!! FOAL BORN NOW! DETAILS SOON!
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  eeyore Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:21 am

Congrats Shell!!! Just seen the pics on Facebook! Dusty is beautiful! A grey CB! Very Happy
eeyore
eeyore

Back to top Go down

Post  eeyore Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:09 am

Ok, now Im looking at names for you. Smile

CM Genevieve. Means 'white wave' in Celtic.

CM Oriana. Means Blonde in Celtic.

CM Zinerva. Means Pale in Celtic.

Everything starting with a D in Celtic or Gaelic seems to mean Oak Tree. Razz
eeyore
eeyore

Back to top Go down

Post  eeyore Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:18 am

Found some more.

CM Liadan (second a with an ' over it, Pronounced Lee-dan) Means grey lady or grey poet in Gaelic.

CM Delwen means pretty and white in Welsh.

Ok, Ill stop now. I love names. Laughing
eeyore
eeyore

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:33 am

Hurry Up Rossida!!! - SHE POPPED!!!! 13_9_010

Okies, well, Eeyore, I think the name "Dusty" might change....... lol.........

we are soooooooooo stuck for names..........

so any suggestions are more than welcomed!!!

We have come up with so far:

CM Silver Serenade

CM Katya Tatyana - Katya means Pure, Tatyana means Silver Haired - and it would be Katy for short......

CM Tatyana Rose - Tatyana meaning Silver Haired, and Rose - from the original old meaning from the middle ages, which was derived from the old Greek for 'horse'...... But Craig reckons people will associate Rose with the flower and red! lol.........

So all suggestions welcome! Smile
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkingshell Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:35 am

CM Katya Tatyana - Katya means Pure, Tatyana means Silver Haired - and it would be Katy for short......

My vote is that name you know it....regardless of what Craig said poo poo go away Razz....yes that name suits that filly!

Talkingshell

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttons Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:40 am

Oh she's lovely!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Hope mum is well.
Buttons
Buttons

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:54 am

"Dusty" is adorable Shell!! I been checking out her pics cheers
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum