CM Sporthorses Forum www.cmsporthorses.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kachina Keely

4 posters

Go down

Kachina Keely Empty Kachina Keely

Post  Admin Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:27 pm

***Moved from old forum***

View previous topic :: View next topic
Fitgirl75

Posted: 12 Jun 2008 06:21 am Post subject: Keely

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I purchased a little grey and white filly through Michelle and Craig. She is from Allen Park Stud and is by "Allen Park Irraquois" out of a part arab mare.
I named her "Keely" and I have had her since 18th Jan 08. (she turned two in Feb 2008)
She is absolutely adorable and I have already had a saddle and bridle on her and even had a little ride around bareback. She is so trainable and I can't believe how accepting she is of everything I do with her. She is also very affectionate and loves a smooch. comes when she is called and is inseperable from my other horse an arab called "Silver" he is twenty one years her senior. I have owned him for thirteen years and I wanted to get a youngster while he is still around so she can learn from him because he is such a lovely natured horse.
Anyway from what I understand Keely was not really handled much if at all before I bought her and when she arrived she naturally was very nervous but she has settled in so well and takes everything in her stride. I love her to bits. I will put some photos on once I figure out how to

Kachina Keely Cheeky

My cheeky little girl!!
Not the most flattering picture coz she is a bit wooly at the moment.

Kachina Keely Paddockmates

Keely and Silver, bit dirty but there they are

Shell
Site Admin

Posted: 12 Jun 2008 01:50 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there Fitgirl! Glad to see you worked out posting pics I put your text into this thread for you Just so people dont get confused

Cheers............. Shell

Winged Horse Productions
Pencil Portraits, Ad/Logo/Web Design, Equine/Wedding/Portrait Photography
www.cmsporthorses.com/whpindex

Fitgirl75

Posted: 13 Jun 2008 05:22 am Post subject:

Thanks Shell for fixing up my first post , As you know I am a bit of a Computer Dummy

Talkingshell

Posted: 13 Jun 2008 05:56 am Post subject:

I remember seeing your lovely filly on the Allen Park site, oh gee she has grown!! Lovely looking filly....

Fitgirl75

Posted: 13 Jun 2008 06:02 am Post subject:

yeah thanks she is as sweet natured as she is goodlooking

Shell
Site Admin

Posted: 13 Jun 2008 12:51 pm Post subject:

Moving for FitGirl!

Not sure if any one is having a look but thought I would put a couple more Pic's on of Keely and Silver.

First one is of Keely with the saddle on, she is sooo Pretty!! and she looks a bit better coz this was in summer.
Kachina Keely KeelyinSaddle

Kachina Keely SilverKeely

Keely and Silver get on so good together, he really loves her company after being paddocked alone for the last nine years (my older horse died) Even though there are about forty other horses agisted on the property he just loves having another horse in with him. She looks quite big next to him but it's just the angle of the photo. Silver is 15.2hh and I estimate she would be about 14hh.

Kachina Keely WorkingBeautifully

Final photo of her working. taken on Queens birthday weekend. She only gets about ten to twenty minutes of lunging work about twice a week as she is only young. But I am up to see them both everyday. All the other stuff I do is just de-sensitising her to various things and just lot's of ground work, grooming and of course lots of cuddles.

She has a lovely floating movement when she gets going and she could make quite a nice dressage horse when she is older.
I may find a junior to ride her for some dressage in the future as I am not really into competing. I would love to do endurance riding with her but I will see how she grows up. My long term goal is to put her in foal to another coloured horse and hopefully get a little skewbald/pinto out of her. But that is a long way off. I am just really enjoying her at the moment.

Kachina Keely Stridingout

Kachina Keely MeonKeely

Finally a little shot of me sitting on her and as you can see she is not bothered at all, in fact I think she even has her eyes closed.

Anyway hope you all enjoy.
From Cath a.k.a Fitgirl

Winged Horse Productions

Shell
Site Admin

Posted: 13 Jun 2008 12:53 pm Post subject:

Moving for FitGirl and Talkingshell!

Fitgirl75

Posted: 13 Jun 2008 06:05 am Post subject: Oops

Oops I meant to put the "more Photo's" with the other bit about Keely......
ha ha spot the one that is a computer dummy

Talkingshell

Posted: 13 Jun 2008 08:09 am Post subject: Re: Oops

Wow your doing all that now...how old is she? Very well-laid back nature!

I am sure Shell will be able to combine that to the other original one for you....

Haven't started mine yet as he is still a baby with huge knee gaps.

FitGirl75
Posted: 13 Jun 2008 08:47 am Post subject:

She is 2yrs 4mths old now.
Like I said I don't work her for long periods just a little each time just to get her used to things.
When she arrived she seemed tiny but I have been pouring the feed into her. She is getting hard feed every day plus lucerne/oaten and meadow hay as well as the grass in the paddock. she is a bit of a guts when it comes to her food. when I put her hard feed down she doesn't come up for air until it's all gone.

Funny story.....a month after she arrived I bought a big round Bale of oaten roughly the equivilent to 15 bales of hay. Silver has had one in the past and it lasted him about six weeks. Anyway it was all gone after five days!! she never left it. bit of an expensive exercise.
But it gave her a bit of a growth spurt. In fact her rump is up at the moment so I dare say she will do a little more growing again

your boy is adorable!! very pretty he will be stunning when he is full grown and in work
You probably already said.....but what are your plans with him? Dressage, eventing??

Winged Horse Productions

Talkingshell

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 03:49 am Post subject:

Shell wrote:
Moving for FitGirl and Talkingshell!

Fitgirl75

She is 2yrs 4mths old now.
Like I said I don't work her for long periods just a little each time just to get her used to things.
When she arrived she seemed tiny but I have been pouring the feed into her. She is getting hard feed every day plus lucerne/oaten and meadow hay as well as the grass in the paddock. she is a bit of a guts when it comes to her food. when I put her hard feed down she doesn't come up for air until it's all gone.

Funny story.....a month after she arrived I bought a big round Bale of oaten roughly the equivilent to 15 bales of hay. Silver has had one in the past and it lasted him about six weeks. Anyway it was all gone after five days!! she never left it. bit of an expensive exercise.
But it gave her a bit of a growth spurt. In fact her rump is up at the moment so I dare say she will do a little more growing again

your boy is adorable!! very pretty he will be stunning when he is full grown and in work
You probably already said.....but what are your plans with him? Dressage, eventing??

Cool, I am sure you know what you have to do with your lovely filly, she is probably older enough to start do some little riding as she isn't that big!

Yes, my boy is adorable but he was just cheeky sod at times but in the last 3 weeks or so he has really quiten down alot since I changed his feed...must have done some wonders lol

My plans for Cullen would be my dream to take both of us to the top of dressage doing Grand Prix level one day! But I won't be sticking to dressage but do alot of things like maybe dab in endurance, jumping (that is only if I am brave lol) and trail riding to keep him interested! If I just stick to dressage only he would be bored out of his brain!

Cheers!

Sassafrass

Posted: 17 Jun 2008 12:15 am Post subject:

Love the colour Fitz...she is a perfect patchwork pony

Fitgirl75

Posted: 17 Jun 2008 10:30 pm Post subject:

Had a great weekend with the "kids"
I loaded Keely onto the float for the second time on Saturday afternoon. It took a little coaxing and I had to gently remind her that trampling over me is not exactly how to get on a float....... She is funny, it's like she just shuts her eyes and take a big step and hopes for the best.

The first time I put her on the float about a month ago, it took about fifteen minutes, just one inch at a time but when she finally got on she just stood there calm as anything. A little nervous though poor little girl her little eyes were popping out of her head.

Anyway this time she walked on after about five minutes..YAY!!! I had a friend with me (no help she not a horsey person) but I thought seeing as I had some back up I would take Keely for a little drive around the block. I think I was more nervous than her. I was all sweaty and my heart was pounding. .......Silver is a marvelous horse to float, he self loads and doesnt move the whole time.........I have never experienced a horse that scrambles or goes down in the float so I was keeping everything crossed that she would be ok - she travelled fine when she was delivered but I was stil worried - Well....My worrying was all for nothing!! She was a perfect little gem.
She stood diagonally (I gave her the whole float) and I did not feel her move, I am wrapped. We got back and she had done a nervous, sloopy poo (to be expected) and she was shaking a little but I thought she did really well.
Also The property owner was spraying the weeds with his big tractor on Sunday, she was tied up right next to where he was driving and she didnt even flinch. she is soooo cool
I can't speak highly enough of what a wonderful temperament she has. she is going to be a fantastic little horse when she is full grown.
I am so glad i found her

Last edited by Admin on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cmsporthorses.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Kachina Keely Empty New Pictures of Keely and Silver

Post  fitgirl75 Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:23 am

Some new shots of Keely taken 29th July 2008.
Finally had a few good days of weather to do a little bit of work with her. She is also long reining now, beautifully! It took her only five minutes to pick it up. she is wonderful!! Laughing Laughing
I put her in the round yard and just snapped her as she was cantering around, did the same with Silver. Not bad looking for a 23 year old.
I think they look quite similar in the face even though he is pure arab, but I could just be biased. Wink

Kachina Keely Keely Kachina Keely Keely2
Kachina Keely Keely3 Kachina Keely Silver
Kachina Keely Silver1 Kachina Keely Keely4

Hope you enjoy the pics. Very Happy
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Kachina Keely Empty Re: Kachina Keely

Post  Shell Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:31 am

Heheheh they both look like they had a ball!!! SmileSmile

Shes looking fantastic isnt she.............. and Silv looks gorgeous as usual! Smile
Shell
Shell

http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:36 am

Keely will be registered with the Pinto Assoc. of SA from next week Very Happy and then her first show will be the Breed-o-rama 2008 on 21st September at Gawler Race Course. It will just be the Led classes obviously and hopefully she travels well, its a long way from home. My friend shows Arabs and she is taking her boy down for the Arab ring. So she will be on hand to help if needed.
I am sooooo excited so I need to make sure I get off my butt and register on Monday with PASA. Fingers crossed no one else has got a pinto with her name so hopefully from next week she will now be known as...........

"Kachina Keely" Smile
Kachina is Native Indian and means spirit, Keely is Celtic and means beautifull and graceful. I think this suits her and also keeps the native indian name tradition of Allen Park Stud. (her sire was Iraquois)

Kachina Keely Keely0608
"Kachina Keely" sunny
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Talkingshell Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Looking good....sounds like you have got her name just right because the Allen Park do keep the native name tradition which suits them to the ground I think!

How old is she now...sorry I had forgotten how old was she!

Talkingshell

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:54 am

She is two and a half now Very Happy I have had her for almost eight months but it feels like I have owned her for years Laughing
I am sooooo excited about her first show and I don't care if she doesn't win anything just be good to get her out there for the experience.
Kind of a first for me too, I think in the twenty two years I have been riding I have gone to about four hack shows, I am more the pleasure rider and love going out for long rides (sometimes even up to six hour rides) ususally for a couple of hours. It's funny though not many people that I ride with can last as long in the saddle so I end up riding out by myself and my dogs come along too. but I don't mind too much it's nice just to be out there enjoying nature.
Anyway I decided when i bought her that she is too pretty not to show and of course being a youngster I want her to get as much life experience as possible to make her the best horse when she is older. When I bought Silver he had already done everything, pony/riding club, dressage, hacking, jumping etc so he has taught me a lot. Laughing . I am basically a self taught rider, had a few lessons when I was a kid but most of what I have learnt has been from books and watching other people, I am alright I think.........but never had the confidence to do shows because I am embaressed in case I look a bit silly up there in front of all the riders that have had lessons all their lives. But I have had friends video me over the years and well .....I scrub up alright Very Happy either that or Silver just makes me look good ha ha
Keely is a whole new horse experience for me and I am going to enjoy every moment. I feel some regret that i did not do anything much with Silver and it's such a waste because he is so beautifull. I really wish I would have done the Arabs shows with him, I have his papers and everything but never did it. But with Keely it is going to be totally different and I can't wait!!! Laughing Laughing
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:36 am

Great to hear shes going so well for you Smile Cant wait to see you guys out and about! Smile
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:39 am

Well it's official my little girl is now registered Pinto! Very Happy
"Kachina Keely"
and her first show is Sept 21st "Breed-o-rama at Gawler, Yippee I am soooooo excited.
She is in very very fat condition at the moment and still a real sweetie. and finally losing her winter fluff, she should be looking nice and smooth just in time for her first show. cheers

I loaded her onto the float yesterday and took her for a drive she was bloody brilliant.

I will be sure to post some pics, of course I reckon we should get a ribbon or two just for showing up, ha ha
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:26 am

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT........... give the girly a pat from us, and have heaps of fun at Breed O Rama!!!

Wish we were going to be down there with the boys!!!

Cheers............. Shell
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:33 am

Ok so I am blown away by the whole show preparation thing Shocked , silly naive me is just thinking yeah give her a good scrubbing and plait her mane and tail and chuck her on the float, get there un load walk into the ring ta da here she is now did I win? cheers ............
Well boy oh boy was I wrong. No .... Rolling Eyes ..so there's the trimming of the face, the whiskers (I had to shave her beard off), the ears, the feathers, then the mane pulling, the scrubbing and washing and scrubbing again using various soaps and the shiny coat shampoo and conditioner, the plaiting up, then all the rugging to keep her clean......oh my gosh the "bling" what the???? scratch yep the fancy browbands with the different colours and diamontes........oh and not to forget the Make up!!! Gees even I don't wear make up and now i gotta put it on the horse...........are you kidding??? Shocked

I had no Idea cyclops Lucky my friend is there to help, she is right into the showing thing (she shows her arab)

anyway only a few more days and I will be off to the breed-o-rama and I cant wait. Very Happy
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:40 am

Breed-O-Rama 21st Sept 2008
Well it was a great success for Keely!! She was brilliant and behaved like a perfect princess.....
I picked her up at 5.30am and picked up my friend on the way. We arrived safely (she floated beautifully)

So we entered four events - all led classes
Led 2yr old Filly - she came third out of three, I was happy anyway to at least of got a ribbon Smile
True to type - we did not place there was eight in that class
Best Marked Pinto - she came fourth out of eight, there was a lovely paint filly that blitzed the competition on the day, she was a framed bay and white overo, two blue eyes and very very pretty
Single Registered Pinto - She came Second!!! YAY Very Happy and the first place went to another grey and white, ha ha go the grey n white pintos!!! tongue

I am so happy with her, Keely is a fantastic little horse and I can't believe how well she took everything........quite a few people commented on how nice she was and they could not believe it was her first outing......Photo's coming soon!!!]
Next show 7th December Wink
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down