CM Sporthorses Forum www.cmsporthorses.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I did a "Ritchie".....

3 posters

Go down

I did a "Ritchie"..... Empty I did a "Ritchie".....

Post  Shell Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:10 am

I did, I did a Ritchie.......... it wasnt MY fault..........

At least I dont think it was anyhow........... sorta.........well, ok, so YES I did kind of take to my cars engine with a pair of scissors and kind of cut a wire, but I kind of had to cos it wouldnt stop beeping at me....... and not just a little 'beep beep' but a long HOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK HOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNK over and over and over and over and I had to make it stop............

I spose I should start at the beginning.........

I went out, got in my car, turned the key and it just kind of went 'rrrrr rrrrr' and nothing..........

Ok, so repeated that, it started, and I revved it for a bit........

Took foot off accelerator (however yous spell it) and it died on me...... kaput.......

Ok.............. deep breath, try again..........

Turned key, and next thing I know its going HOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNK over and over and over and over and over again............

Found alarm zapper thingo - nope, wouldnt turn it off, figured battery was flat, have had car 2 years and havent changed battery, dont need alarm zapper thing out here..........

Popped the bonnett, found horn vibrating going HOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNK HOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNK.......... couldnt disconnect it at all........

Bolted inside, got scissors and went snip, thinking 'Im gonna either be ok or get the mother of all zaps in a second'........... no zap - all good.........

Honking stopped! WHEW...............

Not so fast Shell, Honking started again.............. in different area of engine ........

Couldnt find where it was coming from.........

By then, two neighbours did the bolt and came to my rescue, theres me with hands over ears going 'Make it stop!'.......

Cookie (neighbour) pulled the battery terminal off the battery - it stopped......... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm that mighta saved me having to cut that other wire thing mightnt it????

Tried to turn car on after Cookie hooked battery back up, and wouldnt work........

Car is dead as dodo........ Sad

Nice neighbour Doris loaned me her car to go up to the post office........

When I got back I helped her with some paperwork and sat and had a chat with her........

Stooooooooooooooooooooopid car............ Oh well, nuvver fing for Craig to fix! Hes gonna kill me when he gets home............
Shell
Shell

http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

I did a "Ritchie"..... Empty Re: I did a "Ritchie".....

Post  Ritchie Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:40 am

Shell, I think you did a very sensible thing really. I would have cut the thingee too.

Ritchie

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozzie Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:44 am

Ya seen Little Miss Sunshine?? The same thing happens. hehe!

Good decision Shell!
Fozzie
Fozzie

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:48 am

Well, I must say, I was a little concerned Ritchie when you said you woulda done the same thing........... cos then I KNEW I really REALLY did a 'Ritchie'.........

But when Fozzie said it was an acceptable method of dealing with the blasted alarm - then I felt much better! SmileSmile Laughing Wink
Shell
Shell

http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down