CM Sporthorses Forum www.cmsporthorses.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CM Cullen Eachan

4 posters

Go down

CM Cullen Eachan Empty CM Cullen Eachan

Post  Admin Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:07 pm

***Moved from old forum***

Talkingshell

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:55 pm Post subject: CM Cullen Eachan - QLD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His paddock name is simple....Cullen. He's 1/4 Cleveland Bay x 3/4 Thoroughbred.

This is the day he arrived from SA to Qld which took 4 days of travelling...I was worried sick in the stomach after learning his half-brother Taddy didn't cope too well with the travel. But Cullen was just dandy fine with a bit of weight loss which is to be expected with the long travel.

Cullen just turned 8 months old.
CM Cullen Eachan IMG_0111

After finally meeting him in person, I was really chuffed that he was everything I wanted in a horse!

Cullen was being taught by the Natural Horsemanship person as he was getting too cheeky but the NH has done wonders for Cullen and myself too. He is quiet and good most of the time not what he used to, thank god! I think the gelding and NH has done the world of good for him!

Cullen at 16 months old.
CM Cullen Eachan CopyofIMG_0514

You can see he is really dag....at 18 months old *I think*
CM Cullen Eachan P03-28-08_0955

I didn't rug him in his first winter but am rugging him in his 2nd winter, well it was 'hairy' time in trying to rug him for the first time but now he is just good boy...didn't care about what goes on his back lol

Cullen at 17 months old.
CM Cullen Eachan Cullen70508_breakky

Lastly this photo was taken at 19 months old but he is now 20 months....I think he is too pretty for a CB x .....
CM Cullen Eachan Cullen110508-1

I would NOT sell or swap him for anything else! LOVE him so much even he is a little cheeky at times lol

Enjoy looking....

Cheers!

Yollie

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:06 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I absolutely love the last picture of him... what a beautiful face... allmost too pretty for a gelding.....

Talkingshell

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:20 pm Post subject:

Yollie wrote:
I absolutely love the last picture of him... what a beautiful face... allmost too pretty for a gelding.....

Thanks

I reckon he would make a fine looking stallion but he would not be able to register his foals.....just because he isn't 1/2 CB!

But I would rather a gelding as much easier to handle and not having to worry about other people's horses!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cmsporthorses.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

CM Cullen Eachan Empty Re: CM Cullen Eachan

Post  Talkingshell Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:32 am

Update photos....30th July 2008

I just practically threw him out for about 3 months with do nothing to let him grow up a bit! All I did was just feed him and do some brushing also some handling like catching him to put rope halter on. And do a bit of foot handling also touching his body and rugging him that was about it.

I got this lady who she says she really loves my boy and keeps on saying oh he is just so cute, lovely face! Anyway she did some work with him and was surprised to how he is handling all this....I guess it's all due to me doing all the work previously and he is just happy to stand there and do what this lady asked him of...with little room for extra practices! I am happy with the way Cullen is heading.

Here are a couple of photos of today's session!
Yield to pressure...
CM Cullen Eachan CopyofPicture121

Throwing rope over his ears, nothing upsets him, did at first to say what's that but after that...oh yeah!
CM Cullen Eachan CopyofPicture123

He knows about this carrot stick and what it does do...he's old hand at it!
CM Cullen Eachan CopyofPicture128

First time swing up in the air...he isn't worried about it.
CM Cullen Eachan CopyofPicture130

Walk on circle with ease...
CM Cullen Eachan CopyofPicture135

This lady instructor said that he is fairly mature for his age especially the width of his chest! And said he is really good and looks like he may be able to do a starting from 2.5 to 3! Smile

Enjoy looking at the updated photos of Cullen, he has turned 22 months today!
Smile

Talkingshell

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:32 am

awwww he looks absolutely beautifully!! Very Happy Obviously a very sensibly natured boy too. Looks like you got a keeper there for sure, many years of fun ahead Laughing
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:47 am

He is looking fabulous TS.......... you should be so proud of how he is turning out - I know we are!!!!

I cannot wait to see him out and about and right up there in the dressage that you plan on doing with him later!!
Shell
Shell

http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum