CM Sporthorses Forum www.cmsporthorses.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling my youngster

5 posters

Go down

Selling my youngster Empty Selling my youngster

Post  Ritchie Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:15 am

Just want some ideas guys.

I can't afford 2 horses atm. I am struggling to just keep them in the paddock and fed, shoed and the like.

BUT I really don;'t wanna sell my youngster. I don't want the money that I would get from selling him. It's more abou the saving of feed, breaking in and the like.

In about a year I expect to be in a much better financial position.

My question is - can you lease youngsters out? then get them back in 2 - 3 yrs? I would have thought that it would be unfair for the leaser as they put all this work in to a baby (breaking them in etc) and then they have to give them back for nothing. Any ideas guys?? *sob*

Ritchie

Back to top Go down

Selling my youngster Empty Re: Selling my youngster

Post  Fozzie Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:48 am

*hugs* Ritchie.

Not too sure what to suggest. As you said, some people would be pretty hesitant about leasing a young horse and then having to give him back.
Fozzie
Fozzie

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmm any chance of finding some cheap agistment at all Ritchie???

Bit further out from where you are but that you can just throw him out for 12 months or so to grow up and be a horse that you dont need to check on him all the time? That the property owner keeps an eye on him??
Shell
Shell

http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:57 am

Meant to add, that young Gryphon that we have, hes here on agistment cos we have paddocks for him to be in ........ his owners just pay for his feed and water usage! Craig just does the trims on his hooves for nothing and he gets wormed when the rest of them get wormed! Smile
Shell
Shell

http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttons Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:39 am

There ya....chuck him over to Shell!
Buttons
Buttons

Back to top Go down

Post  Ritchie Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:25 pm

well, I think I may be able to keep him now... getting a helping hand from the parents tongue

Thank goodness.

Ritchie

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:35 am

That's good news ritchie, good ol Mum n Dad ay Very Happy

My Mum N Dad help me out when I need but fortunately (touch wood) I have been able to cope so far...........But Not long after I purchased my house (4yrs ago) I came down with a bad case of shingles and couldn't work so the bills mounted up a bit ...........Mum to the rescue, bless her she came around took all the bills off the fridge and paid them then she went to the shops and bought me about three weeks worth of groceries. Parents are great when you need them afterall we never stop being their babies. I am lucky they stand by me and sounds like yours do too. Wink
I guess my Mum and Dad realise too that my animals are my life and the most important thing in my life. They even refer themselves as Nanny and Grandad to my fur kids, hehe they are funny. lol!
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum