CM Sporthorses Forum www.cmsporthorses.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lovely visit from my parents.........

Go down

Lovely visit from my parents......... Empty Lovely visit from my parents.........

Post  Shell Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:04 am

Mum and Dad rang last night to say that they were up at Ceduna, and had been out to see the Whales - 300km west of Ceduna (Danni - they was on their way to you place! lol Well, not really, but headed in that direction!!)......

They were going to call in here on their way through thismorning back to Whyalla.....

The rocked up, and its kind of a running joke now as to how long they will stay - even when they come over specially for something, they come over, do what they gotta do and go home again...... its quite amusing really...... Dad has ants in his pants and cant sit still!! The only time they stay for longer than 20 mins is if he has to grab the keys to one of our cars and do some mechanical work on it........

Dad DID kill our canary though while they were here......... thank god for that!!!

Oh and before anyone freaks out - our 'canary' that he killed was the smoke detector..... its been driving us batty for a day or so and beeping cos the battery needed changing, and Craig hadnt gotten time to change it yet........ so Dad grabbed the ladder and did it for us! Smile Craig will be pleased when he gets home and doesnt have to listen to the damn thing chirping.......

I couldnt do it cos well, me and ladders do NOT get along, and Im SURE I would have fallen off the damn thing if I had tried to do it, and Im petrified of heights....... (being up on an 18hh horse doesnt worry me in the least, but the second rung on a ladder freaks the hell out of me).......

Anyhow, because I still have the migraine from hell, and the killer throat, ears, and the anxiety levels are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy up there at the moment......... I was feeling really crappy.......

Mum offered to stay for a few days and 'help' me - but honestly, as much as I love her to bits, I think that would have stressed me out a bit more cos I know that they cringe at the cats being in the house and being allowed on the furniture and everything (mum and dad are not animal orientated - they like them, just not as into them as we are! Smile Im sure Mum and Dad curse my grandparents for my animal addiction at times! lol...)....... she would have been tidying up and cleaning stuff and i would feel guilty as all heck with her doing it and would have made myself sicker trying to help.

They met Tobi, thought he was huge, but I dont think they really appreciated his size....... they both had a pat of him though and thought he was sweet....

They checked out the horse truck that Craig is rebuilding and Dad got all excited cos I said that when Craig has the body right and is ready, he wants him to help him with the mechanics and electrical system..... and Dad used to work on exactly the same model of truck for years......so knows it inside out.......

He couldnt believe that we got it for the price we did (over 18 months ago now but havent done anything much to it since then), cos the tyres on it alone are worth that, and still have all the pimples on them..........

Anyhow, todays visit they were here for 30 - 40 mins........ a new record for them....... and then they were off again.......

I was able to give Dad his fathers day card while they were here - I had it already but I hadnt written in it so did that while he changed the smoke alarm battery........

The card we gave him was an RSPCA one - Every now and then when the RSPCA ring looking for donations I buy a pack of cards, so I know the money goes to a good cause, and they are lovely cards......and it means I have a pile of nice cards for special occasions!! Smile Anyone who gets a phone call from the RSPCA - I would thoroughly reccomend their cards!!!!

So even though I feel really icky today, it was a lovely visit with mum and dad!!! Smile
Shell
Shell

http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum