CM Sporthorses Forum www.cmsporthorses.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any idea which lines I should be looking at?

2 posters

Go down

Any idea which lines I should be looking at? Empty Any idea which lines I should be looking at?

Post  ANT Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:53 am

Hi Smile

Forgive me if this is too direct, but as I know nothing about this breed I really didn't know where to start!

Does anyone know of some examples of CB lines suitable for Dressage? I've seen a lot of stallions services advertised as excellent 'jumping' lines. The CB is increasingly appealing to me. I like horses with bone, height (but not over 16.3hh) and even temperaments. But.... I don't jump! Razz Should I be looking at a CBSH with a lighter frame, more suspension/lift than those marketted towards jumping?

Is there a breed of preference to cross with the CB which is better for Dressage? I'm thinking along the lines of Trakhener, TB ect. And can anyone point me in the direction of some suitable sires which I can begin to research?

Thanks, hope I'm not being to nosey! Embarassed

ANT

Back to top Go down

Any idea which lines I should be looking at? Empty Re: Any idea which lines I should be looking at?

Post  Shell Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Not nosey at all ANT! Smile

Okies..... well, the Wetherby Barry Crump bred horses are great at Dressage........... take Octavius of Neika for example - thats one heck of a dressage horse....... and the sibling, Trinity of Neika I think its name is, is also getting there in Dressage too Smile They are ridden by Katie Boyes in Victoria I think shes based..........

Obviously I am going to suggest our own boys stock - Billara Beersheba - his oldest baby is only coming up 12 months old in January, so he has nothing proven yet, and he has not long been started under saddle himself, but his breaker said if he doesnt do well in dressage, he doesnt know what will........ that boy can MOVE...........

His sire, Wetherby Alpheratz is a sibling to Wetherby Barry Crump, and he also has Gillshaw Caliph on his dams side, who produced some horses who excelled in Dressage as well as Jumping and eventing....... a true all rounder..........

Alphy has produced a number of horses who are doing very well in Dressage in SA - his progreny also jump extremely well too........ again, true all rounders........

Check out the CBHSA website for horses there, and perhaps contact a few breeders and see who has what available depending on what age bracket and price range you want to go with.

I would suggest though that you make sure that the horses have all the appropriate paperwork and are able to be registered or are already registered Smile The CBHSA registrar, Jenni Larsen, is extremely helpful and can help you there too! Smile
Shell
Shell

http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

Any idea which lines I should be looking at? Empty Re: Any idea which lines I should be looking at?

Post  ANT Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:56 am

That is FANTASTIC thanks so much Shell Smile

Exactly the sort of help I was looking for. Will go check out those sires right away!!

ANT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum