Good vibes needed....nh

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good vibes needed....nh

Post  Buttons on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:28 pm

Got home tonight....kids come all excited like and tell me Mousey (Miss 4's guinea pig) is going to have babies tonight *sigh* bit hard considering he's a neutered male.

Had a look, he was bloated...real bloated and legs weren't working. Sort of looked like jabba the hut with fur.

He had drool under his chin, coat was stark and eyes were very pained.

Had to ring 16 vet clinics to A. find one open and B. one who would accommodate him without shipping him elsewhere.

On a bit of luck, found one who had regular experience with pigs within 20 minutes of home..shot over and took the poor bugger with us.

He was in bad pain.....real bad, looked even more bloated. Vet said he was crook...real crook. I said do what you have to....vettie said that they would take xrays to se if there was a blockage and would put him on iv antiobics, glucose and painkillers, they would ring me after doing the xrays.

Vet rang shortly afterwards, no blockage but heaps of food in his tummy. He's perked up a bit since being on the glucose and painkillers but is by no means out of the woods yet. They have someone staying with him all night, will ring me if they need to take any further action.

Couldn't say no, especially when Miss 4 lost it at the reception counter and started crying she didn't want Mousey to die.....poor bugger. And his flatmate is upset too, missing him.

*sigh*, poor ole credit card

Not bad for a $5 guinea pig huh?
Buttons

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good vibes needed....nh

Post  Fozzie on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:50 am

Awwww... I wuvs piggies.

((((vibes))))

I hope Mousey is going to be ok!!
Fozzie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:02 am

Awwwwwwww Healing Vibes for Mousey......... poor little piggy........

Piggys are so cute........ they are gorgeous furry little critters who give really good cuddles..........

Tell Miss 4 that we are all hoping that Mousey gets better real soon for her........ (and never mind your credit card.........sigh.......... )
Shell

View user profile http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttons on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:51 pm

*grumble grumble*

Yep it's home again. $400 later.......

*snigger* not bad for a five buck pet huh?

His flatmate has stopped sulking now too.

*sigh* now Miss 4 has chicken pox.....

not my week...lol
Buttons

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top