CM Sporthorses Forum www.cmsporthorses.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foaling time is fast approaching....

5 posters

Go down

Foaling time is fast approaching.... Empty Foaling time is fast approaching....

Post  Shell Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 am

Not long to go now! Smile

First one for the season is due on the 31st August Smile Thats Rossida, a gorgeous grey mare we have on loan from Allen Park Stud (breeders and owners of Allen Park Bald Eagle who we used quite a bit!), which we are MOST appreciative of, and we cant wait.......

Shes in foal to Bill...

Sida is such a sweetie, and loves a cuddle......

She will be closely followed by Kaysand Kinda Cute - the welsh/arabian/riding pony mare, also in foal to Bill, shes due September 9th!

All I can say is thank goodness my parents gave Craig a lovely heater for his birthday which was recently, and the lounge room is now nice and toasty..... cos when the girls are getting close, we will be camped out in the lounge with the monitor on the foaling yard to watch and wait....... (soooooooooo much nicer and more comfy than rolling the swag out next to the foaling yard......lol)

We have a security camera set up in the tree, and it shows us whats happening in the yard and it has a fantastic microphone on it, so we can hear if the mares so much as sigh, or when they are eating as well.............
Shell
Shell

http://www.cmsporthorses.com

Back to top Go down

Foaling time is fast approaching.... Empty Re: Foaling time is fast approaching....

Post  Talkingshell Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:15 am

In that case....I just hope it will be GREY CBSH which would be exciting I think! Very Happy

Talkingshell

Back to top Go down

Foaling time is fast approaching.... Empty Re: Foaling time is fast approaching....

Post  fitgirl75 Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:28 am

Or......what abouit a coloured one??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy lol!
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:25 am

Well, Rossidas due date is today!!! Smile

Last night was the first night she actually looked like she might 'pop' NOW..... so I camped out in the lounge room with the heater on, my feather doona and had the security camera switched on and coming through the big TV.....

I could hear every shuffle of her feet, every sigh, every swish of the tail when she hit it against the rail, her snuffling through the hay..... and the traffic on the highway which was kind of annoying - thats over 100m from where the camera is located in the tree - has a real sensitive microphone!!

I was meant to go to Team Penning thismorning with Craig and other friends of ours - Craig and I were there all day yesterday and I did the time keeping all day, Craig did some and rode for some of it too - pics to come of him competing.... but I am not real well today.... blah.... Have had the headache from hell for the last few days, and well, you dont need the gory details but its made me quite sick though the night....

Craig got to sleep last night properly (well I dont know how well he slept) because he has to work today, as well as being at Team Penning (he has taken down a pony for one of the local kids and will bring it home again when hes done with work - apparently is bringing Denny home as well who has been out on lease as he has 'gone feral' - we think the green feed he is out on has gone to his head! - typical mini with major case of small man syndrome!!)....

So fingers crossed that Rossida doesnt make us wait very long....... I am dying to see our first baby for the season!!!!
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  eeyore Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Still waiting Shell. Here...*hands Shell a stick*...dont you poke them. Or something... Razz
eeyore
eeyore

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttons Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:54 am

So.....any popping noises coming from Rossida yet?
Buttons
Buttons

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:54 am

Sigh.................................... no............................... blah!
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:17 am

Still no bundle of joy yet Shell??
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:31 am

bundle of joy?? Ill give it bundle of joy!! lol....... just get out of there already kid!!! lol......

Um, no............. lol...........

Dont worry, one day I will shock you all and post that we have a foal! lol............ sigh.................

At this rate, Cutie will beat her............
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:42 am

Rolling Eyes It's like when you were waiting for little Jenni to be born.......that was around the time I was enquiring about Keely

Ha ha next time you catch her laying down go and jump up and down on her belly, maybe it come flying out Laughing
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Buttons Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Hell Fitgit, if I was a preggie mummy waiting to give birth and you did that to me I'd snot ya.....*snigger*

Poor Rossi
Buttons
Buttons

Back to top Go down

Post  fitgirl75 Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:32 am

WOOOOO HOOOOOO cheers she finally popped!! Little "Dusty" is adorable.
Congrats Shell and Craig first baby of the season Very Happy

Well no jumping up and down on her after all. lol sunny
fitgirl75
fitgirl75

Back to top Go down

Post  Shell Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:52 am

Shes so cute........ didnt have to jump up and down on Rossida after all!! lol......Maybe the threat of it scared her into action Fitgirl! lol..........

Baby is very bouncy SmileSmile Its really horrid weather, and Dusty is kind of appropriate as its been blowing a gale and half of our paddock is in our house.......... lol........

I wasnt sure if Dusty was going to stick as a name, but I think it might!! lol........

Anyhow, shes been out there today bouncing around with the wind..... using it as an excuse! lol..........
Shell
Shell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down